Family Medical Leave Act Lawyer
Jason Gunter is an experienced Fort Myers FMLA lawyer who is Board Certified in Employment law. Our employment lawyers handle many Family and Medical Leave Act, or FMLA, cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no fees or costs unless you win.
Contact Florida Discrimination Attorney Jason Gunter 24 hrs a day at 239.334.7017 or e-mail email@example.com regarding your Family and Medical Leave Act case.
About The Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The FMLA, covers employees that:
- Are Employed by a company of 50 or more employees
- Have been employed for at least 12 months
- Have worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 month period immediately preceding the absence
Under the FMLA, covered employees are:
- Eligible to take up to 12 weeks of medical leave in a one-year period.
The reasons for medical leave can include:
- The birth or adoption of a child.
- Caring for a spouse, parent, or minor child who cannot care for him or herself.
- A serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The leave of absence can be unpaid. The FMLA has different methods of calculating the one-year period and requires the employer to have an FMLA policy.
FMLA lawyer Jason Gunter has extensive experience evaluating particular FMLA situations, determining FMLA eligibility, and handling FMLA lawsuits in Fort Myers.
Possible FMLA Violations:
Common violations of the FMLA are:
- You are denied leave or employer does not properly process paperwork.
- You lose your job while out on FMLA leave.
- You are terminated after disclosing your need for leave or upon returning from leave.
- Employer fails to restore employee to same position upon return from FMLA leave.
How Can Employment Attorney Jason Gunter Help You With Your FMLA Leave Issue?
Jason Gunter handles FMLA cases throughout Florida, with a focus on SW Florida including Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda (and all other areas of Lee County, Collier County, Charlotte County and Tampa).
If you want to speak with a Florida FMLA lawyer or discrimination attorney, contact Jason Gunter to discuss your potential case. Contact our office at 239.334.7017. You may also e-mail your details confidentially to Jason@gunterfirm.com.
Get In Touch Right Now
To discuss your employment and labor law case