Jason Gunter is an experienced Florida Discrimination Attorney and retaliation lawyer who is Board Certified in Employment law. Our firm handles many retaliation cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no fees or costs unless you win.
Contact Employment Lawyer Jason Gunter 24 hrs a day at 239.334.7017 or email@example.com regarding your retaliation case.
Facts About Retaliation
Many state and federal statutes, such as Title VII and the Florida Civil Rights Act, make it unlawful to retaliate against an employee for engaging in what is legally referred to as “protected activity”.
Anti-retaliation laws make it unlawful for an employer to terminate an employee in retaliation for:
- The employee complaining in good faith about discrimination.
- The employee complaining in good faith about harassment.
- The employee disclosing violations of the law.
- The employee cooperating or providing information to a government agency conducting an investigation.
- The employee refusing to follow a policy or order that is discriminatory.
- It is also unlawful under Florida law to terminate an employee in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Retaliation can also occur after an employee has been terminated when the employer attempts to interfere with an employee’s prospects for future employment. Examples of post –termination retaliation include:
- Negative job reference to a prospective employer with retaliatory motive.
- Not providing a job reference to a prospective employer.
- Disclosing the protected activity in which the employee engaged.
How Can Discrimination Attorney Jason Gunter Resolve Your Retaliation Issue?
Florida Employment Lawyer Jason Gunter has experience in handling retaliation lawsuits in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda (and all other areas of Lee County, Collier County, Charlotte County and Tampa).
Contact Florida retaliation attorney and Florida discrimination lawyer Jason Gunter by telephone at 239.334.7017, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing our online inquiry form, if you have any questions regarding whistleblower law, or a potential whistleblower case.
Get In Touch Right Now
To discuss your employment and labor law case
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"I am a retired lawyer and an inactive CalBar member. I contacted Mr. Gunter, acting as a business consultant for a small business, regarding a lawsuit against that business within his specialty of employment and labor law. The issues were wrongful termination and Wage-Hour Law violations. I cannot recommend Mr. Gunter highly enough. The results were very favorable."