Florida Bar Certified Employment and Labor Law Specialist
Jason L. Gunter, P.A. has represented and consulted with businesses and workers in labor and employment issues for almost two decades. Because Jason focuses exclusively on two main areas of law — employment law and personal injury — he is able to dedicate his full attention, knowledge and resources to reaching positive results in those areas.
Jason Gunter is certified by the Florida Bar as an employment and labor law specialist. Certification involves a rigorous application process to evaluate an attorney’s knowledge, skills, proficiency, ethics and professionalism. Whether protecting the rights of a worker or defending a business against unsubstantiated accusations, our firm has one goal — justice in the workplace.
Our Attorney’s Commitment to Southwest Florida Employees
Gunter Firm assists employees in a wide range of industries and positions with issues concerning their workplace rights. Our clients range from top-level executives to hourly workers who all play an integral part in our economy. We recover unpaid wages, overtime, commissions and bonuses on behalf of our clients. When the problem is systemic in the company, we pursue class action to pool our clients’ resources and increase our negotiating power. This allows us to effectively represent clients even when their individual damages are relatively small. Our lawyer develops a legal strategy that supports each client’s individual needs.
Our Lawyer’s Commitment to Southwest Florida Businesses
Our firm defends Southwest Florida businesses against wrongful accusations by employees and counsels businesses on mitigation of risks and damages. At the early stages of a grievance complaint, our dedicated attorney guides the business in gathering evidence and remaining in compliance with Florida and U.S. laws. We vehemently defend our client in EEOC proceedings and in the courts. Attorney Gunter also helps businesses take preventative action within the workplace through effective policies, employee handbooks, contract negotiations and other general consulting services.
Employment Law Litigation
Attorney Gunter is a hard-hitting litigation lawyer who aggressively pursues justice before the employment regulatory agencies and courts. We represent our clients in such matters as:
- Wrongful termination in violation of Florida or Federal law
- Unpaid overtime and minimum wage violations counter to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment, including claims for sexual harassment or hostile work environment based on an employee’s protected status
- Employment discrimination based upon an employee’s race, color, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age or any other protected status under Florida or federal law
- EEOC charges of employment discrimination and proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Whistleblower lawsuits involving violation of Florida’s private and public sector whistleblower acts
- Qui tam recovery under the False Claims Act
- Breach of contract, which frequently involve unpaid commissions, bonuses or wages that are part of a written or verbal contract
- Non-compete agreements, including the pursuit of injunctions and damages for non-compete and other restrictive covenant violations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations, including claims for FMLA interference, retaliation or failure to restore to prior position
Florida Employment Law Consultation
Drawing on his extensive experience and history of success, attorney Gunter offers expert advise and consultation on the full range of employment issues, including:
- Employment contracts — Our attorney offers comprehensive legal review and analysis of all employment contracts, including negotiation and drafting and the enforcement of Florida employment contracts in court.
- Non-Compete agreements — Our firm delivers comprehensive legal review and consultation of all non-compete agreements and restrictive covenants, including drafting, enforceability, cease-and-desist letters and strategies for defeating non-competes. We also represent our clients in non-compete and trade secret litigation.
- Severance agreements — We conduct legal review and negotiation of severance agreements to protect our clients’ best interests and maximize severance pay.
- Employee handbook review — Our lawyer performs legal review and drafts customized employee handbooks to establish employee expectations and protect employers from legal claims.
- Employee discipline and discharge — In a comprehensive consultation regarding legal exposure to claims for wrongful termination, our lawyer recommends ways to avoid or minimize legal exposure.
- Wage and hour audits — Our firm conducts thorough audits of the workplace to ensure compliance with all federal and Florida laws governing wages.
- Government investigations — We counsel employers being investigated by government agencies, including the Department of Labor and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Internal investigations — We also issue independent reports, when warranted, on behalf of employers investigating claims of sexual harassment, discrimination or other wrongdoing.
Consult with a Board Certified Employment and Labor Law Lawyer in Fort Myers
Our Fort Myers and Naples employment law firm assists clients throughout Southwest Florida with employment-related matters. To learn more about your rights, consult with Jason Gunter at 239.334.7017 or contact our firm online.
Get In Touch Right Now
To discuss your employment and labor law case
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"Jason was one of the best attorney's I've ever worked with, which includes real estate and corporate attorneys. He was responsive at all hours of the day/night, and was extremely knowledgable when it came to our case, and more importantly, how to resolve it. I would not hesitate to recommend Jason for your legal needs."